Friday, November 27, 2015

The Black Friday Post

Not to be too immodest about this, but I've always a special skill for finding things, gifts,  that bring my friends/family to near-swoon upon receipt.

I honestly believe that I was put on this earth to slip something into your pocket, next to your plate, under your pillow while you weren't looking - and a day later comes 
that phone call: "Where did you find this!?" 

My joy is then indescribable. Well, almost. . . my giftees usually wish it was by the end of a five-minute lecture on the provenance of the hechito. 


Hans Bellmer (Untitled)

Anyway, I love playing denturefairy, mammy christmas, auntie valentine, birthday goddess. So this list, Voulezvous is what happened when I was poking around Amazon, thinking about you. I promise, one day this  will wander up to your doorstep. It will. Just like that. 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Yes, I also have a wishlist.  Well, up here in the wilderness, it is closer to a needlist (all that wine *is* a necessity).   It is based on the UK's Amazon site because going to the nearest city's Customs offices is out of the question, and most of what comes from the States has to go through Greek Customs.

(Here's where you get to exercise a little kitchen magick.  Even if you don't actually choose & send anything, laughter will help move things a little closer to the drop.  So read up!  Thanks!)

  
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞


4 comments:

  1. We have discussed many things, yet as I often do am left longing for more, such as the mailing address of your pre- shrine manifestation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is in the "Needwant 2015" wishlist (and partly obscured for privacy). Look in the letter I sent back on the 21st. And of course, I can re-send it.

      Delete
  2. An entertaining perusal of your list yields Yes ! Several items (besides wine bottles) suitable to be excavated a thousand years or so hence when your Shrine is rediscovered.
    Some lucky Terrans or New Ones as they will be called by then will speed lightly to the site. You will be present, I assume, for those with eyes to see and hearts to hear ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delightful vision of the "New Ones"! but you must be mistaking me for my Maker: She-of-a-Thousand-Whimsical-Names* (me, I only keep the three or so).

      *Thea Zöe, for short.

      Delete