Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Brief Recess

Well, gentle readers, I have had to take a few more days to work on my stupid, recurring, pesky health 'situation.'   Two dear friends sent me the medicinals I need to work out this systemic infection (which I truly did NOT expect to flare up while I was here), but those packages got caught in the Hades that Is the Greek Postal System.    Which is especially infernal in December.

One of them just popped up, but it is the protocol I know nothing about - so we'll see if it makes a difference.  The other one is still stuck in Athens, in Customs.  I have no idea what it will take to loosen up that clinch.  But returning to Athens is not in the budget.

My resolve to stay off of the Net (written about here) until the end of each 'work/writeday' evaporated when the days required non-stop focus to solve this problem.

For those of you who think (as once I did) that if I just relax, things will fall into place;  let me assure you that the ONLY WAY anything works out here is to keep pushing.   This is the Serendipity Desert, I tell ya.

Postscript: Global Express (USPS) is punted over to Fed Ex in Greece, where it is subjected to Customs diversion as well as extra taxes and duties (many times the value of the package).   My host in Athens went to Fed Ex and spent most of two days pushing to have the package released.   We prevailed but she became so exhausted by this effort that she caught a flu.  Irony of ironies, as the remedy (it's a panacea) was now on its way to me.

***
**
*

No comments:

Post a Comment